Friday 13 April 2012

Just thought I'd add some more of the finished cross stitch creations today!


This pattern is called Garden Alphabet from Helen Phillips' book 'Cross Stitch Garden Notebook'. I'd made a bit of a mistake with estimating the amount of fabric I'd got (it's done on 14 count rustic aida) and didn't really have enough surplus for framing it. As I've already got quite a few framed pieces, I decided the next best thing was a cushion! So I just made a simple envelope design of cushion with some scrap fabric, added some ribbon and then cut some fabric flowers with a Sizzix die and my ever-useful BigShot! I found some wooden buttons in my stash - and another cushion duly appeared in the house! I think it works quite well as a cushion and it's usually perched on an old wooden school chair (circa 1930's) that I rescued from a skip!
Hope you like it!
And thanks for all the lovely comments I've been receiving on my cards, etc. - they mean such a lot! And I'd be even more thrilled if when you were browsing through the blog you signed up as a follower!
Back soon with another card!
x

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are too clever! This is really bautiful. It really does work well as a cushion! Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x