Wednesday 25 April 2012

Pretty in Pastels

Another quick post today with a card made with a couple of challenges in mind!  This is a Magnolia stamp with pastel colours


But rather than the usual pastel pinks I'd probably choose, I've gone for pastel blues.

I've coloured her with promarkers, and the backing papers are Nitwit papers.  But just for something a bit different and to add some other textures, I've made the little fabric rosette flowers with some scrap material and added the lace and the metal embellishments. And I've had them in my stash for so long that I've no idea where they came from lol! But I do know the cherry blossoms came from Wild Orchid! 

But I think it all works quite well - and keeps the theme of spring pastels!  
I've only recently started entering card challenges and I must say that it's quite addictive. It's often nice to be given a 'design brief' so to speak (especially for when the mojo goes walkabout!), and of course it's great to see what everybody else comes up with too! 
Hope you like her! 
Back soon 
Kim x 

I'm entering this in the :
Just Magnolia challenge - Spring Pastel Colours
Cute Card Thursday challenge - Metallica




3 comments:

  1. Love these beautiful pastel colours - so elegant. And I love your fabric flowers - how clever are you! The button accents just finish the flowers beautifully. Gorgeous. Hugs, Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a pretty card, love the colours and those flower toppers are lovely, do like the button ones too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, a very pretty card and the flowers are fab.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x