Tuesday 5 June 2012

Doggy Fathers' Day!

Hi, hope everyone (in UK) has enjoyed a lovely long bank holiday - shame the weather couldn't have been a bit kinder! Thankfully the sun shone yesterday when we had a little afternoon tea party (about 11 of us!) on our garden - so plenty of food and chatter - a nice way to spend an afternoon!
I've been busy today trying to sort second-hand books, etc., to take to our local Cats Protection who are having an open day next Sunday to raise much-needed funds. I love my books so it takes a ruthless spirit for me to part with them but my hubby was starting to complain about the ever-growing stacks! I've also been putting together some cards to take for them to sell (so hopefully someone will want to buy them lol!). I make far more than we can use so it's always nice if someone (especially cute furry someones!) can benefit from my hobby. I've also been making a few extra cards with one of my favourite cd's, Furry Friends, from Joanna Sheen with wonderful photography by Rachael Hale. So just thought I'd share a couple of quick Fathers' Day cards that I made with the cd

This one features such a cute sleep bassett hound! The backing card is from American Crafts with an embossed panel (Cuttlebug - Swiss Dots). I've mounted the image on gold mirri card and added a Marianne  die cut flourish with lovely copper pearlised card (but wish I could remember where I bought it because I've run out now!). I added a stamped 'Fathers' Day' sentiment from Crafters Companion (purchased on a recent hunting trip to CardCraft UK when I went for a FathersDay stamp - and as usual, came home with a lot of other bits too lol!). Also a LOTV sentiment - both have been die-cut and then inked with Faded Linen distress ink. The thread was from my stash.

And in keeping with the Jubilee/Best of British theme going on everywhere at the moment, this lovely British Bulldog has been mounted on some great freebie papers I got with a craft magazine. The spotty ribbon is from Joanna Sheen, the sentiment stamps the same as above, with a couple of little gems coloured with my promarkers! 
Anyway, apologies for the long & rambling post today! There'll be a few more of the Furry Friends creations appearing over the next week or so.
 After I finish doing the book sorting, etc., I'm hoping to get some more crafting time later. Hope you find some crafting time too - so therapeutic! 
Back soon, Kim x 


2 comments:

  1. These are both lovely cards Kim, I love the Furry Friends cd, it's one of my favourites.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afternoon Kim love love love both of these card's the dog with the union jack is my favourite the layouts of both card's are fabulous. Glad you had a good tea party. Take care of yourself. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x