Tuesday 12 June 2012

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside....!

Are you singing along? Just wanted to share a special Fathers' Day card with you today - extra special because it's for my not-so-little ones to give to their Dad (i.e. my hubby!) - so just hoping he doesn't see it on here before Sunday lol! I saw this stamp set which is a bit like a build-a-scene one from Lindsay Mason called 'Cliff Top Scene'. Just loved that lighthouse and it reminded me of Mevagissey in Cornwall, a fabulous place where we spent many a happy beach holiday when the children were smaller - and I'm sure it'll remind my husband of the same thing!

And I got the backing paper as a freebie with a craft magazine (the paper's an Emma Ball design) and thought they were just meant to be together! 

I've coloured the stamp quite simply with promarkers and used chalks for a sky & clouds effect, although I don't think it shows up too well on the photo. I must improve my photography skills! 
It's an 8"x8" card - quite a large one for me - but thought the backing paper was just so fab that I didn't want to lose the effect.
The sentiment is sizzix rub-ons on some of the backing paper, distressed with antique linen and mounted on sanded coredinations card.
I've added ribbon and seam binding (gently gathered) with a twine bow and a few gems from my stash.
Roll on summer! 
Back soon, Kim x
I'm entering this in the following challenges:-
PanpastelUKChallenge - Fathers Day
CelebratetheOccasion - Fathers Day
CraftySentiments - Fathers Day



19 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kim, really nostalgic feeling! I'm sure he'll love it!

    I saw over on Totally Paper Crafts that you were chosen to be on their design team, congratulations!

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us this week at PanPastel Uk with your super card design.

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening Kim gorgeous card love the image which is coloured beautifully and the layout is fab, I'm sure your husband will love it. Have a good evening. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very prety scene, thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous masculine card, just perfect for our Father's Day Challenge this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, thank you for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kim, love the great image and the paper.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great card, and I'm sure he'll love it.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card - Im sure Colin will love it!
    Sandra
    CC-UK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card! Really looking forward to working together.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous male card Kim and I love that lighthouse too.
    Thanks for linking this to the PanPastel UK challenge this week.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful, perfect match, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really fab card, I love the image and the seagulls look brilliant. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Kim you have just taken me back to a holiday some years back talking about Mevagissey!!! it is so beautiful there isn't it and you are quite right about your card reminding you of it. I have had my eye on that lovely Lindsay Mason stamp for a while now and I reckon you have finally sold me on it!. Love the backing paper's and go perfect with the theme. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is beautiful!!! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous job, thanks so much to share it with all of us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card thank you so much for joining us this time at
    Crafty Sentiments
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the soft clouded background behind your fabulous lighthouse, really great card! Thanks for joining us @ CTO this week for our "Father's Day" Challenge :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's such a great card, has a really thoughtful, homemade feel.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x