Sunday 10 June 2012

Teddy Pressie!

Hi and hope your Sunday is going well? Just wanted to share a card I made yesterday and had a major breakthrough in the colour world! It's orange! Now orange is a colour that I just don't connect with lol! I never have any orange clothing, furnishings, etc., no orange flowers in the garden even (unless you count the sunflowers that come up where the birds have kindly planted seeds for me!). But, in a moment of madness, thought I'd try it on this image - and even more surprisingly, I really like it! Perhaps it's the grey skies we've been seeing lately that made me move towards bright zingy colours?


The image is LOTV called 'Patchwork Present' and I've coloured it with promarkers.  

The scrummy backing paper is from a pack I recently bought at CardCraft UK called Fabrications by Teresa Collins - and I just love them! There isn't a bad design among them!
I've used Coredinations card for matting and the flourish & corner - both Marianne dies - and ribbon from my stash.
The flowers are from Wild Orchid crafts & CardCraft UK and I've used gems & pearls from my stash and coloured them with promarkers (such a useful idea!).

And this is a quick glimpse of the inside of the card! 
Hope you like the bright colours! (and didn't need to don the shades lol!)
Back soon, Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
PapertakeWeekly - anything goes
PartyTimeTuesday - added sparkle & bling
Craft Your Days Away - Bingo-flowers/ribbon/gems
MyMumsCraftShop - Bingo - pearls/gems/ribbon
IlovePromarkers - for a little girl






14 comments:

  1. Kim I love orange and this is stunning you have coloured it brilliantly and love the inside just as much

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Kim! I'm the same, I never use orange, but I ordered loads of orange stuff this week haha, can't wait for it to come so I can play with it! It must be the weather or something :P The inside of your card is fab as well.

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afternoon Kim gorgeous card love the ornage colours they work so well love the layout and design. Take care. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiya.such a cutie this one..loving it just so adorabley cute ..hug ssassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kim

    This is a stunning card - love this image and the inside of your card is beautiful too.

    Yep - you are right - that is me in Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine.

    Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving me some comments - I really appreciate it.

    Have a great week.

    Toodle pip

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, absolutely love the colours used, very cute, thanks for joining our bingo challenge at CYDA, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back again for MMCS, sweet sweet card, thanks for joining our bingo challenge, Gaynor DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect little card, love the colours and the layout, stunner. Thanks for joining us over at I ♥ ProMArkers this week, good luck and hope to see you again really soon.
    Andy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute and I love the colour way you have used. Thank you so much for joining us this fortnight at Craft Your Day's Away and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, those colours are a ray of sunshine on such a dark and damp day !! Such a cute image too. Thanks for playing along with us on I Love Promarkers this week.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really cute, I do like the flower embellishment and love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card.
    Orange is a difficult color, but you have made it beautifully.
    Thanks for joining Craft Your Days Away.
    Hugs Berit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Kim. Orange is classed as a difficult colour to work with and sells the least, but you have made it work|
    Sandra
    CC-UK

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x