Tuesday 26 June 2012

Under my umbrella!

Good morning! I think there's a certain irony to today's card - featuring raindrops and an umbrella when for once it's actually quite a nice bright morning (complete with washing on the line!). Oh well - I can never seem to get the timings right!
Anyway, after seeing some of these digi images on some of my fellow bloggers creations I fell in love and crossed a line.... and made my first purchase of digi stamps! I know, I know, a bit behind the times but I do love the whole process of rubber stamping complete with getting inky, etc.! But these images were just so lovely that I couldn't resist.


This digi stamp is from SassyCheryl and is called Charlie's umbrella - and hasn't she got the cutest cheekiest face! And I'm just loving those freckles.....! And I just had to make her a redhead! 

I've coloured her with promarkers and prisma pencils. The backing papers are from K&Co with some matting & layering with coredinations card and ribbon from my endless stash!  The sentiment stamp is from LOTV and the flowers and leaves are from Wild Orchid Crafts. 
Another of SassyCheryl's images will be appearing later this week for a DT project - so do remember to pop back and have a look! (One that my daughter picked!)
Hope your day goes smoothly - without umbrellas and raindrops! 
Back soon, Kim x 

I'm entering this into the following challenges:-
Papertake Weekly - Bingo (ribbon, free, blooms)
Bunny Zoes Crafts - girls, girls, girls
Daisy Doodles - anything goes
Digi Makeover Challenge - anything goes
IncyWincyDesigns - anything goes
Sentimental Sundays - cute and girly



9 comments:

  1. Morning Kim gorgeous card love the image they are the cutest. Love the layout and the flowers are lush. Looks like it might rain here. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Kim, you just have to smile at that image.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi kim ,,what a fabby card she is so cute and coloured fablously...and apt for the weather but shh its sunny today..but as we know british weather can change in a heartbeat...love your card ...love sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the digi side! (I felt the same way at first, now I mostly use digi's.) Such a cute card and image. Love your coloring. So glad you joined us for the Digi Makeover Challenge from Paper Makeup Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, this is so cute and coloring perfected! I wish we would get a little of the wet stuff here! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!! Love your coloring and layout. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Digi Makeover Challenge - hope to see you back in our next challenges as well :)
    Hugs, Eret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet, I so love the red hair! So glad you joined the cute and girly challenge at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely
    Thank you for playing along at Incy Wincy
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, and we could all do with one of those umbrellas at the moment, well in the UK anyway. Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x