Saturday 9 June 2012

Summer Wedding!

Good morning and hope all are well in Blogland out there! Well, I promised last night (when I blurted out the news I was excited about lol!) that I would have a wedding card for you today - and here it is!


I was asked by a friend to make a wedding card for a couple of her friends and this is what I came up with.
It's a 6" square card that was boxed (well, it had to be with those embellishments lol!). The stamp is from LOTV called 'Together Forever' - hence the sentiment stamp too! 
I've coloured the image with promarkers and prisma pencils

I love that deep red for the dress so picked that out as a 'key colour'!  The backing papers were from my stash (and apologies but can't remember where from!). The names were printed on the computer & mounted on mirri board and Spellbinder dies for the image & frame. 

The flowers and leaves are from Wild Orchid (small gardenia, wild roses, hip rosebuds), with an added linked heart charm also from WOC and a Marianne die flourish. The lace is also from the bottomless pit of my crafty stash! 
The inside was decorated to complement the front, with the centre panel using a Spellbinder label die & distress ink, with seam binding ribbon from WOC. The sentiment stamp inside is from Crafters Companion.
And thankfully my friend liked the card - so hope the happy couple do too! Although it's not been much of a 'Flaming June' with the weather and I feel so sorry for couples who spend so long (and so much money) on planning a wedding and then it rains on the big day! Ho hum! 
I'm off to do all the usual Saturday morning h****work jobs now!
Back soon, Kim x 




6 comments:

  1. Morning Kim Beautiful card image coloured beautifully and the paper's and layout of the card is fab. Have a great weekend. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kim, and love the image. Colour is beautiful, love red and white, sure they'll be delighted with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kim! I love the colours and that image is so cute, one of my favourites! I love how you did the inside as well :)

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afternoon done my jobs so having a peep round blog land and I am loving this great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, I love! I'm sure the happy couple will be blown away with it, it's beautiful, Sylv x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family always say that I am wasting my time here at web, except I know I am getting
    know-how daily by reading such nice content.
    my webpage: Wedding Photography Yorkshire

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x