Thursday 14 June 2012

Sunshine Kisses!

Good morning and I hope that your day is going well! I'm going to be carrying on with the cleaning & tidying up today - my husband is due back tomorrow from Abu Dhabi where he's been working this week (and it's been a whole lot warmer there than here lol!) and my lovely daughter is moving back home from Uni on Saturday. It'll be wonderful to have her home - the only drawback is I'll be losing my 'craft room' (i.e. her bedroom!) - so having to pack & move all my craft stuff! And it's only when you start to gather it all up to move it that you realise quite how much stuff you've got! Ho hum! But before I start again I wanted to share this card I made with an old favourite stamp of mine - Sarah Kay's 'First Kiss'

I love this stamp and, for once, was quite pleased with how the colouring turned out! I've coloured it with promarkers 

Aren't they just so cute?! It's mounted on coredinations card which has been lightly sanded back. The backing papers are from First Edition 'Birdsong' - just love those papers. The edges have all been distressed and I've added the Memory box 'Arboscello tree' and buckle die cuts.  I've punched flowers & added pearls and the ribbons are from Joanna Sheen. The sentiment is one of those Whimsy stamps that I love!
I've added a little Stickles to the buckle. And a glimpse of the inside of the card
Although we're always our own worst critics, I was actually quite pleased with how this card came together. Perhaps I'm getting a bit better with my cardmaking? Not sure about that lol! But hope you like it! 
Back soon, Kim x 

I'm entering this into the following challenges :-
PaperPretties - summertime
DivasByDesign - summer
ShoppingOurStash - double the ribbon
PapertakeWeekly - 3,2,1 (3 flowers, 2 ribbons, 1 image)
PassionforPromarkers - lots of layers
ThePaperShelter - anything goes












14 comments:

  1. Morning Kim love this card stop being critical of yourself all your cards are beautiful. Love this image which is coloured beautifully and the layout and papers are fantastic. Thankyou for comment yesterday, I'm feeling much better. Have a great day. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful and I think that tree was a really good buy - absolutely essential!!!! The colours on this are just soooo pretty and the layout works really well. I'm glad you're pleased with it - you really should be! I love that buckle die cut - you're leading me astray!!! Good luck with the challenges! Hugs, Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim
    A gorgeous and beautiful card and a Big Welcome to CraftyCatz DT look foward to working with you and i am now a follower of your fabulous blog
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous!

    Sandra
    CC-UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable Kim! Lovely colors and image. Thank you for joining our challenge at Papertake Weekly and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh kim!!! this is such a darling card loving those pastel colours really gorgeous...beautifull image too and overall superb top notch card ..hugs sassyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab Kim - you need to BELIEVE in yourself and the amazing talent that you have - all your cards are fantastic! And the way I see it (when I look at some of my disasters especially haha) it'd get boring if you had nothing new to learn from making each one :D

    The colours on this are just gorgeous, that diecut is beautiful and that sentiment is SO sweet :) I love a good pink/green colour combo :D the inside is fab too, I really need to start doing that as well!

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a gorgeous card Kim. Your colouring is fab and I love the colour combo you have used. It really does finish the card off perfectly to decorate the inside doesn't it.
    Ok so where is the new craft room going to be??? im guessing the dining room table???. I bet you are so happy though to have your daughter home though. Bet you will be glad to have hubby home too. Have a wonderful weekend hun. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the softness of this card very cute thanks for playing at divas by design good luck
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. My crafty stash is the reason I will NEVER move. The thought of packing it up makes me sweat. Ugh.

    This is a really cute card and image! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely and sweet card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, good luck and hope you'll join us again.
    Hugs
    Tracey.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww! This is so sweet! Your colouring is fab! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week.
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tilly.
    I really love your card! The image used is so cute and your coloring is fab!!! Thanks for joining our challenge at PF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tilly, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my "lots of layers" challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x