Friday 15 June 2012

First Design Team Project!

Hi and hope all are well in Blogland! Today's a first for me in a couple of ways - my first DT project and my first go at scheduling a post (so I'm just hoping it works and doesn't get lost over t'internet somewhere!).
While you're browsing in Blogland have a look by the CraftyCatz Challenge Blog for this week's challenge - embossing! We had a couple of images to play with from this week's sponsor of the prize, The Paper Shelter, and I chose this one. Not the sort of image I'd usually pick but it's great to do something out of the 'comfort zone' and I enjoyed doing it!

This is what I came up with! A couple of embossed panels in coredinations card with Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' embossing folder, gorgeous stripy paper from First Edition 'Birdsong' pad, and Marianne die cut swirl and flowers. The sentiment stamp was a freebie with a magazine which I've stamped and added a little Stickles round the edge.

I've coloured the digi image with promarkers and prisma pencils and then added a little bit of glitz (i.e. Stickles!) - isn't she a cutie!
So dig out your embossing folders and head over to CraftyCatz - join us for this week's challenge! 
Back soon, Kim x 


12 comments:

  1. Afternoon Kim fabulous card the image is fab and beautifully coloured and the layout of the card is gorgeous. Welldone. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim
    Firstly a Big welcome to CraftyCatz you will love working with us they are all a fantasic bunch,your card is gorgeous just love the colour's and embossing
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim and what a cracker you have kicked off your Drsign Spot with us and welcome we are really glad you joined us. Stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card :) and very good colouring! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiya kim..well that our first under our belt lol!!! and its a superb card...been having a bit of a nosey round your blog and my word loads of stunners.. they a smashing bunch our teamies arnt they,,,but shhh dont tell them i said that,,haha hugs sasssyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect card for a teenage girl! This is lovely Kim, I love the bright colours and that stripy paper is fab :)

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kim how are you lovely!!!. Wow I bet you are so excited to have your first challenge on the DT at Crafty Catz. I am going to play and have just finished my card for it. Looks like your scheduled post worked so that's good!!!.
    I really love your girly card and those flowers are beautiful. I especially love the gold stamens. Take care Kim. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim, your card is just perfect for the challenge this week, welcome to the team, so nice to have you with us, have a lovely weekend, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like we got another DT together. I see we were both picked for Totally Papercrafts. We're going to be a couple of very busy ladies!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Kim, love the image and great colouring..the flowers are real funky..and love the look on your cats face..lol..poor Poppy..and Tilly looks adorable..gorgeous coat..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello and Welcome Kim, this is one stunning card for you first week with us, i love the colour theme and your colouring is amazing,
    Have a lovely Sunday,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely, well done, you must be so pleased. x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x