Monday 18 June 2012

Pretty Birdboxes!

Hello all and hope that your week has started well - and continues to get better! I've got everybody back at home again but a busy week ahead! I'm going away with my daughter on Wednesday for a few girly days away to London - hotel, sight-seeing, and knowing my daughter, lots of shopping! She's already hyperventilating at the thought of 4 floors of TopShop! Ho hum. We're leaving the boys at home to look after Tilly and Poppy - or should that be the other way round and Tilly & Poppy will look after the boys.....?
Anyway, before I head off to the big smoke I thought I'd share this card with you


This is a Little Claire Design stamp called 'Birdhouse Garland' and is just lovely. I've coloured it with promarkers and a little distress ink to soften the edges
The backing papers are from the Teresa Collins 'Fabrications' pack that I bought - and have fallen in love with! 
I've added a lace edging with a little bit of threaded ribbon, and a Marianne die cut corner. 
The flower embellishments and butterfly charm are from Wild Orchid Crafts, and I've added some pearls to the pins I had in my stash. I sprayed one of the wild roses with Cosmic Shimmer spray to blend in - and love the shimmery effect it gives.
A quick glimpse of the inside
Hope you like it! 
I'll have another go at scheduling in a post for when I'm away - and remember me in your thoughts as my feet gradually wear away tramping up and down Oxford Street, Carnaby Street, etc..... Plenty of coffee and cake stops should ease the pain......

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Crafting When We Can - colour combination
Lets Ink It Up - embellishments
Sweet Stampin - summer




24 comments:

  1. That's lovely Kim!

    Welcome to TPC.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin' Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you are scaring me Kim!!! I have been stamping out this one to make a card lol!!!. I got it from Ally Pally and have not used the stamp yet. A couple of nights ago I finally got stamping with it. Maybe we just have really good taste in stamps hey???. Well your card is absolutely beautiful and hope my card turns out half as good as yours hun.
    Wow have a wonderful time with your Daughter in London. I have a feeling that much shopping and spending will be taking place. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Take care Kim. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful card.Thanks for sharing it with us at ATCs and Cards with Attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Kim, that stamp is gorgeous :) I love the colours you used! I'm SO jealous of your shopping trip, 4 floors of Topshop is like...my biggest fantasy haha :P Have a great few days and enjoy the shopping! :D

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim gorgeous card love the image not seen that one before and the layout is gorgeous such beautiful colours. Have a great few days away with your daughter. Take care and have fun. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card. One of my favorite things is birdhouses. My bedroom and bath are decorated with them. I surprisingly haven't made a card with them, though. We will probably get to know each other fairly well. We're on two DTs together!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi hunnie wow this is divine i too love birdhouses...beautifullly coloured superb jusyt love it hugs sassyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet, this card. Love your pins and the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Lets Ink It Up Embellies challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beauty of a card! I really like the birdhouses and the pearls you have added to the pins. Talented Lady, that is for sure! Thank you for entering ATC's and Cards with Attitude this fortnight! Hope to see you again!
    Manderly
    xxxooo
    PS You can also enter your card in our sister challenge, Fat Pages and Card with Attitude. The link is on our ATC's site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim poor Tilly and Poppy they are going to have their hands full lol. The garland stamp is soooo pretty and your colouring is amazing plus the distressed edges is perfect.

    Enjoy your girly days together.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card, thank you for joining us at
    Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a pretty card Kim, I love your choice of image and all the embellishments are beautiful.

    Have a great time in London, sounds like lots of fun.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card, I love the birdhouse and the colours you have used:)
    /Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a lovely card Kim, gorgeous colours, and I love all the embellishments. Have a great time with your daughter in London, plenty of tea and cake breaks, hopefully your feet won't get too sore! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card inside and out. Thanks for playing along with us at LIIU, good luck with the draw. Hugs Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous card, and I love that bird house stamp. Thank you for joining us at CWWC

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty card and I love those little bird houses! Great coloring! Thank you for playing along with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous card. The colours are fab and I just adore those pins. Thanks for entering it this fortnight at ATCs/Cards with Attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Kim, lovely fresh image,

    I have a westie called Tilly, say no more lol! I also live in Lancashire too lol,

    Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at ATSC, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi sweetie your card is lovely however you have not followed the rules over at Wild Orchid Crafts and therefore cannot enter, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing and joining in at LIIU. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for joining in with our nature challenge at FSC and sharing your lovely creation.
    Fliss x
    PS: My daughter could spend all day in that Topshop!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x