Sunday 21 April 2013

Going Green....(well, sort of!)

Good morning all and I hope that you've been enjoying your weekend - whatever you've been doing! We had a gorgeous day yesterday with lots of sunshine - it felt like a perfect Spring day!  So lots of pottering in the garden and greenhouse and then a wander on the field at the back of us with Tilly the Dog! Lovely! But the grey clouds and rain are starting to roll in today so good job we could enjoy it yesterday!

Anyway, today is the second (and last - sob!) of my GDT spots for the Joanna Sheen Challenge - and for this challenge we have to 'Recycle Something'!  Now on my way back from Glasgow last week I bought a couple of tubs of treats for the gang at home - and the sturdy plastic tubs seemed just too good to throw away!  So this is what happened....


The 'before' photo (and yes, they were very scrummy!)
But then the papers, stamps, colours, lace, etc., came out to play, and.....


I used the Joanna Sheen House Mouse 'Spring' stamps 'Dip' (from HERE)
Such a cute pair! I've coloured them with promarkers and flexmarkers.  The backing papers are from K&Co and coredinations. I've added some lace from stash, some sheer ribbon from Joanna Sheen and some Marianne die cut flowers with some 'recycled' buttons.


And it's made a very handy desk tidy! And believe me, my desk needs all the help it can get to be tidy!  
So, hope you like my bit of recycling - and I hope you will have a look at the great inspiration from the JS DT and then join in with your recycled projects!  
And it's been great fun to be part of a fantastic DT for a month! 
Back soon,
Kim x 

I'm entering this project into the following challenges:-
Hanna & Friends - anything but a card
LovesRubberStamps - colours of Spring




20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation Kim. Glad you enjoyed your day pottering in the garden with Tilly's help of course.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Kim! Creative and useful too, plus you would never, ever know it's the same container!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kim this is totally fab. Brilliant idea.Glad the flapjacks were worth eating so you could make such a nice container,what you have to do for the love of crafting

    Take care
    Traceyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbelievable from a boring old cookie jar to something so shabby chic. You have definitely reduced your carbon footprint.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim - this is fabulous!! What a great reuse of an item, and we can always use more desk storage :-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a brilliant way to recycle that pot Kim. I love the image and gorgeous details you have added too.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a tub like that. It still looks like the Marks and Spencer tub that it started out life as... fab project.

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab Kim and such a brilliant idea.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh this is so darn cute and I love how you have altered the treat box. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!! Don't forget to hop along with our blog hop today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous recycled project Kim. The image is very cute and i love the design.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Kim, great idea.That image is just so adorable, really gorgeous.
    Hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you have recycled this, the image is gorgeous and the lace finishes it off beautifully!
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous creation Kim, what a great idea
    Hugs
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic repurpose of that tub Kim. The little mice are so sweet. I'd need a dozen of them to keep me tidy. LOL Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super creative use of the tub! I don't think my desk will ever be tidy - LOL! But a cute tub like this too look at would be great inspiration :) Thank you so much for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh this is a gorgeous transformation! Fab colouring and such pretty spring colours! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  17. very cute project. i don't think it's big enough to tidy my desk tho...lol
    Thanks for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome. Thank you for joining us at Loves Rubber Stamps this week. Good Luck and Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great project Kim, so much nicer than the tub I have on my desk :)
    Love the image you have used and coloured beautifully
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your recycled tub. It looks amazing. You did such a fabulous job with it. I am sure that your work space looks really nice all tidy.

    Thanks for joining us in our not square challenge at One Stop Craft Challenge.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x