Friday 26 April 2013

It's all gone purple...!

Hello, and I'm back again with a new challenge over at CraftyCatz!
Now, before I go any further, I'm apologising now - it's a Christmas card! Shock, horror!  I don't think I've ever made a Christmas card in April before - this blogging business does strange things to your personal crafting calendar!
Anyway, over at CraftyCatz our lovely Beth has challenged us to 'The Colour Purple'!  So I decided to use a digi from Wee Stamps - Mountain Lily - that I've had for a while - and not coloured yet!


I've coloured the image with promarkers and flexmarkers and added some stickles to the wings and details!
The backing papers are from First Edition with some coredinations card.


I've used a Tonic punch on the border and a Tonic snowflake punch. The sheer ribbon is from Joanna Sheen and the snowflake charm is from Pretty Little Ribbon shop. The sentiment is from LOTV. 
So after the shock of making a Christmas card, I thought it worked ok! 
So I hope you'll have a look at the fantastic inspiration from the DT over at CraftyCatz and then join us with your 'purple' projects! 
Back soon,
Kim  x

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
CraftyRibbons - anything goes + ribbon
CraftingbyDesign - anything goes
SimonSaysStamp - anything goes
Bearly Mine - digi element





24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous car Kim. I love the image she looks fabulous and beautifully coloured.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Kim, Another gorgeous card, so pretty and I just love the sentiment stamp....
    Hope you have a nice week-end, I think we are in for a nice day....tomorrow only...lol...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kim, adorable image and love the purples.
    Hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very pretty Kim, sweet image and wonderful colour tones.
      Laine
      xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous Christmas card Kim, what a sweet image, fabulous design too, enjoy your weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card Kim. The image is gorgeous and I love the colour and design.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, love the fairy all decked out in purple thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous Kim. I am behind with my "C" cards this year, which I will regret later. Gorgeous image and layout.

    Have a good weekend.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Christmas Card Kim - I love the fact it's a Christmas card!!

    Have a good weekend!

    Hugs
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Kim, The colours are gorgeous as is the way you've coloured the image.
    Hugs
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Kim. I love the pretty image and beautiful colours. The punched border and charm look fabulous.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this gorgeous card was the first of my chill out wandering about on your lovely site. Hopefully I will be a better blogger before I need my Christmas cards. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colours and what a fabulous image and your colouring is amazing! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Kim great image beautifully coloured and great layout

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim this is beautiful and i love the image...so cute, enjoy the weekend, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet Christmas card. Sooo pretty. Have a great weekend. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this image Kim and love what you have done with her. Oooo all that purple. Great design and layout and perfect embellies
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always say I'm going to get started early and I never do it. Yay for you! The image is so sweet and I really like the purples. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous and beautiful card Kim love the image and fabulous colour's and layout
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card! although I can't believe you're on Christmas already!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful Card.Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine, Good Luck and hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kim, this is fantastic! I love it the colours the white dots... I wish it would be x-mas soon...
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful creation with great attention to detail. Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card Kim. I love the extra detail of the glitter on her wings. Thanks for playing along at Crafting by Designs.

    Tammy S.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x