Thursday 11 April 2013

Up, up and away....

Hello all in Blogland and hope that your week has been going well? The time seems to have sped past me at a frightening speed this week - I can't believe it's Thursday already!  It's amazing how busy you can be when you're NOT at work lol.  I always imagine when we have time off that we'll have long lazy days with lots to time to potter and do things - but strangely the days just seem to whizz by!  Thanks for all your good wishes about my couple of girly days away!  My friend and I had a fantastic time - we travelled up to Glasgow on the train first class (a real treat, with lunch & drinks served!), had a good few hours wandering around the shops and going for an early tea. Then off to a gorgeous hotel, and then the Il Divo concert - and they were fabulous (as always!).  Not much nicer than watching and listening to four handsome men, singing with gorgeous voices and a wonderful orchestra.....Sigh......  Anyway, back to reality again now - but I think the family missed me a bit really!  It's perhaps good for them now and again if I disappear for a day or so!

Apologies for the waffle, and time to share a card with you today using one of the April new releases from Whimsy.

I've used some of the collection of Hot Air Balloons from Moon Cookie Gallery - and coloured them with promarkers and added sky & clouds done with chalks


The backing paper is from K&Co with faux stitching stamp round the edges. I've added a tag cut with a Spellbinders floral oval die and a vellum sentiment added (with brads and ribbon from stash)


Hope you like it! Do pop over to Whimsy and have a look at all the great new digis. 
Back soon,
Kim x 





15 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Loving the pull-out sentiment and the great movement the angled layers give the design.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Kim, love the balloons against your background. I'm glad you enjoyed your time away, I definitely believe it does the family good to miss you, we get taken for granted too much, lol!! I'll have to try this myself!
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sweetie this is awesome. Gorgeous colouring and layout. Glad you had a super time with your friend.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bright card Kim! I love hot air balloons sooo much - I'm going to Orlando in December and I'm slowly but surely working on the boyfriend to come up in one with me haha! I must get these images, they're fantastic!

    Glad you had a wonderful time with your girlfriends! Sounds like heaven haha :)

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is as cute as can be Kim! I like how you've grouped the images and your background papers are so pretty. I also like the tag!
    Sorry about deleting the previous comment - I was having trouble getting it to post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Kim. I love the image and fabulous colours.
    Glad you had a wonderful time away.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, Kim. Love the colours and the slip in tag. Love those balloons. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Kim! I love the way you have created the sky!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi kim - this is a brilliant card - i love seeing images sometimes that are not cutesy - love the balloons and the sky - fantastic - glad you had a nice time in Glasgow - sounds like a lovely break -Michelle :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card Kim, glad you enjoyed your little break, Kaernx

    ReplyDelete
  12. JUst GORgeous! FABulous images Kim and I LOve your colours.
    Glad you have a good time...
    Hope hubby got your list finished.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Kim- stunning image and your sky looks gorgeous.
    Glad to hear you had a wonderful break.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card kim. I love those balloons.
    Glad to hear you had a good time.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Love the hidden tag.
    Sounds like you had a fab time in Glasgow!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x