Tuesday 16 July 2013

And the sunshine goes on....!

Hello all and I hope that your week has started well? We seem to have had a busy start to our week - and it's set to stay pretty busy too. I'd swapped a work day today and took the troops (i.e. son, daughter and daughter's boyfriend) off to the Trafford Centre which, for those who don't know, is a very big shopping mall on the outskirts of Manchester (about an hour's drive from me).  So now I'm sat here with incredibly tired feet and a much lighter purse....  My son hadn't been since he was about 7 so thoroughly enjoyed going into all the hip, groovy shops that teenagers like to go in - the sort that have dimmed lighting, loud music, high prices, etc.  I think I'm turning into a grumpy old shopper and have a terrible urge to shout loudly "Will somebody put the lights on and turn that bl**dy music down!!!".  Thankfully, I restrained myself - otherwise my son and heir would have been so mortified he probably wouldn't have spoken to me again (or should I say, grunted to me again?). I did manage to cause him embarrassment by setting the alarm off in the phone shop by moving a mobile phone on the display. I could see his cheeks redden and eyes roll - but I did remind him that he did his fair share of embarrassing me in shops when he was little so I was only getting my own back.  Anyway, he did manage to accumulate a fair number of carrier bags with a variety of clothing and some new shoes for school (kerching! kerching! £££££).  I just needed a long cool drink and a lie down in a dark room when we got back....

Anyway, after all that, I've got another Christmas card to share with you - and yes, I know that we're in a heatwave in the middle of summer!  This one is also from the fabulous new mini cd 'Angelberry Christmas' from Polkadoodles


I've coloured the image with copics and added lots of glamour dust on the wings. The backing paper is actually from the Picknix cd from Polkadoodles. 


The flowers are actually cut from red felt with a Marianne die and I've added green buttons with twine from stash. The gingham ribbon is from Joanna Sheen with some gold bells from stash. The holly die cut is Cheery Lynn with some red dew drops. 
Do check out the gorgeous Angelberry Christmas cd from Polkadoodles - it's fabulous! 
**** Angelberry Christmas

Right, I'm off to have a shower and pamper my poor feet before work again tomorrow! 
Back soon,
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Cuttinand Stampin challenge - christmas in July
PapertakeWeekly - buttons and bows
Craft-DeeBowz - anything goes with a bow
EurekaStamps - christmas in July
StampandCreate - christmas in July


12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day Kim LOL I know that feeling well aching feet and a lighter purse hahaha fab card by the way huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kim, great image and I love your matching felt flowers :)
    Bet you were glad to get home and get sat down after your shopping extravaganza LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kim. I love the image and wonderful colours.
    Sounds like you have had a busy day!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kim - love the gingham ribbon and fabulous jingle bells.
    Wish I could get my teenage son out shopping - best we can do is online lol!!!
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, that made me chuckle. My husband has threatened to go into those shops with a head-torch on!!
    Love your card, fab image and love that gingham ribbon.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colour and design Kim. I remember those shopping days with my girls and entering a different world of music and lights - happy days. Now everyone shops online.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had fun sweetie. Hubby gets annoyed in HMV when the music is pounding out and it isn't his taste and is so loud when you ask the staff something they can't understand a word you say. Last time he shouted at the top of his voice" If you turned the bl--dy music down you would be able to hear the customer's. He didn't realise that the chap had turned it down at that point saying sorry I couldn't hear you. That was after asking him three times with his hand up to his ear to indicated he couldn't hear. All the rest of the shop laughed. Hubby didn't see the funny side of it.

    You card is adorable sweetie. Love the colours and layout and those felt flowers are gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Kim, great image and love the felt flowers and jingle bells.
    hugs,
    Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kim I know just how you feel about those shops, I can't get out quick enough! Great card, certainly crafting is the best way to calm down - that's if you have any £'s left to buy essential crafting items.

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. hee hee Don't you just love payback. :-) It is rather hard to think about Christmas with the temps like they are, but your card is fabulous none the less Kim. Great embellies. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your "fun" shopping day. LOL Love the Angel you chose for this card. She is pretty and love the coloring. Thanks for stopping in at the Craft-Dee BowZ Challenge this month.
    Hugs, Barbara - CDB DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the shopping adventures with kids. Glad to know I'm not the only one that can't handle that stuff they call music. Love your card! it's really cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Cuttin' and Stampin' this week.

    Tammy S.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x