Thursday 4 July 2013

Summer Wedding

Hello all and I hope that the sun is shining wherever you are!  It's not here unfortunately - but the weathermen keep telling us that there's some hot, sunny weather on the way so I'm keeping everything crossed!  Especially as it's my daughter's 20th birthday on Saturday - and my son breaks up from school for his summer holidays next Wednesday!  And thank you for all your lovely comments - and yes, I did have a very nice lunch with my friend yesterday lol!

My daughter was invited to a wedding which was a few days ago - and the first one of her friends to get married (only 20 years old - seems very young!).  My daughter and about 6 other girls were all very good friends at school and have stayed in touch even though they've all gone separate ways with universities, jobs, etc. And this was one of the group getting married. Her new husband is Canadian and she'll be moving out there with him in a couple of weeks, so huge changes all round. My daughter said it was a wonderful service, very moving, and a lovely reception - even if it all seemed a bit surreal that it was actually one of her friends lol!  And, of course, yours truly was asked if I could make a wedding card.  And I jumped at the chance!  It's not often I have cause to make one (although that will probably change as the offspring grow up!) but it's lovely to make cards for especially happy occasions like weddings and births!


So it was a great opportunity to use this gorgeous stamp from LOTV - I think they're just the cutest couple!  I've coloured the image with copics and promarkers
The backing papers are from First Edition (and stash). The flowers are from WOC and the ribbon and charm are from (the now sadly closed) pretty little ribbon shop. I've added pearl string from stash and Memory Box die cut 'precious hearts'.  The sentiment is also from LOTV and I've used Spellbinders floral oval dies for the image and sentiment. 


and the inside is decorated to match.  Sadly, I forgot to take a pic of the decorated card box ! 

So definitely not a CAS creation! But I had great fun making it! 
Back soon,
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Crafts and Me - anything goes
Creative Moments - flowers
Scrappers Delight - die cuts/punches
Loves Rubber Stamps - anything goes
MyCraftCreations - special occasion





25 comments:

  1. Really beautiful card Kim. Love it.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, thank you for joining in at my craft creations challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful creation Kim. Love your lovely soft colour tones.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Kim.

    That image is excellent.

    Love how you have embellished the card.

    Traceyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Kim, love the soft colours of the image and all the pretty embellishments.
    hugs,
    Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that image Kim its so cute and you have made a wonderful card with it!! huggles hun Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Kim - this is a stunning card. Love the diecuts, fabulous flowers and what a wonderful image. Great colours. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really beautiful card card Kim. I bet they absolutely loved it. I love 'dissecting' your cards to see what you've used. It is stunning.
    Love and best wishes Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful wedding card Kim. A pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry my finger slipped.
    A pretty image and layout. Gorgeous embellishing
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card and I love all the
    wonderful details. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable and pretty Kim and I am sure the box was just as lovely.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous. love the layout. so professional looking and fab colours x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Kim. One of my favourite Wedding Day images. I love the pretty colour scheme and beautiful detailing.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful wedding card Kim! with beautiful colouring and flowers. The charm just finishes it off!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been working with same image today. Aren't they so cute. The papers and design are gorgeous and I love the beautiful flowers.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is beautiful Kim! Love this image and your details are so pretty :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card Kim. Such soft colours on one of my all time favourite LOTV stamps. Happy Crafting. Clair XX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous Kim, adorable image.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is stunning!! I adore that image and the flowers are fab! Love all your details!
    Danielle:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bet this beauty brought a huge smile to the newlyweds faces. How pretty! Love it Kim! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so adorable, I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps and don't forget about our blog hop, http://www.lovesrubberstamps.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such an adorable card, thank you so much for playing along at Scrappers Delights Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty card. Your stamp colouring is fantastic I like so much how did you make a shadow arround the stamp. So much to look at and enjoy. Also say that those dies are fantastic. Thanks for playing along with us at Fashionista Challenge theme “Birthday or Wedding”. Good luck in the draw. Elena F.
    http://esku-lanak.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love it! Your coloring is amazing, and the card is so well put together.

    Thank you for entering our challenge over at Fashionista Challenge Blog
    Good luck in the draw! – Hope to see you again next time!

    Hugs
    Eva`s Scraproom
    DT Member at Fashionista Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x