Thursday 11 July 2013

Waiting for rain...

Good morning all (although never sure when people read these posts lol!) - and another glorious morning in the north of England! It feels as though we're finally having a summer this year, as last year it seemed to pass us by!  It's such a nice feeling to get up in the morning and open all doors and windows - and then rapidly take all my hay fever medication lol!  Every year I keep hoping I've grown out of it - but at nearly the half century point (ugh!) I'm starting to give up hope of that happening. So I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll continue to love spring and summer, I'll carry on growing plants and flowers - but enjoy them from behind watering eyes and in between sneezes!  Usually by about mid July the pollen starts to ease off but as we had such a late spring this year I'm not sure that'll be happening. Hey ho. But I'm so pleased it's a nice start for our youngest's school holidays - he finished school yesterday for the summer and is off later to play tennis with a mate (much better than sat on his computer!).  And everything that isn't nailed down is getting thrown into the washer for a freshen up too!

Just wanted to share a card with you today that I made for my lovely step-daughter Lucy whose birthday was last Friday


The sweet image is from Mo's Digital Pencil called 'Waiting for rain' (although she might have a bit of wait with our weather at the moment lol!). I've coloured her with copics 


The backing papers are from LOTV - and then I got well and truly carried away with the flowers from WOC, so definitely not CAS in style!  I've added a die cut meadow leaf from Poppystamps, LaLaLand heart banner die cut and sentiment (&die) from Whimsy.  The lace is from stash.


and the inside decorated to match


Hope you like it - fortunately Lucy did which is the main thing! 
Well I'm off to sort more laundry out lol!  Enjoy your day whatever you have planned. 
Back soon,
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
WildOrchidCrafts - daisy, daisy
CraftingforallSeasons - bingo (pink,flowers,blue)
Ladybug Crafts - favourite embellishment (flowers!)




19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kim, love the beautifully coloured image.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kim, love it! The colours are beautiful and I love that image so much :D I have a favour to ask you :P I'm at my wit's end trying to get the pink Promarkers to blend well and look good together, would you mind letting me know which pink copics you used to get this colour? Because I looked and there's just so many copics I didn't know which to get, and I'm managing fine with the other PMs for now, the pinks are just not happening for me :(

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Kim and she's just sooo sweet.
    Just a thought... have you thought of chocolate
    to help with the hay fever, cures most things
    so I hear!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, what a gorgeous, beautiful card. Love those wonderful flowers, fabulous backing paper and that image is just the sweetest! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Kim. I love the image, fabulous colouring and pretty papers.
    I think the hay fever season started later this year, mine is the worst it's been for ages. Like you, I still enjoy the sunny weather though.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable Kim, love the colouring it is awesome. Great papers
    they are pretty. Hubby and I are suffering this year with our hay fever too. Must be a bad year.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this image Kim and you have coloured it perfectly. I'm just glad we have some sun because last year was horrendous huggles hun Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Kim. Have been out in the sun all day and returned to catch up with everyone and there stunning creations.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Kim, she's adorable and love the colours.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card! I totally love it!
    Thanks for playing Bingo with us @ CFAS
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Kim, love this image! pretty papers too, hugs,Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card Kim, I love the image and wonderful colouring and the papers and flowers are gorgeous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Kim. The image looks fab and I love the colours and pretty papers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even if you are waiting for a rain, it's still glorious summer at your card LOL Fabulous colors, Kim, love this image, it is so sweet.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card. A fabulous image and I've said it before - I love the bunting! As a matter of fact I think the whole card I'd really lovely.
    Very best wishes Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww Kim she is gorgeous and so beautifully coloured too! Gorgeous design and fab bunting!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful and girly card Kim. I absolutely adore the LOTV papers you've used and the pretty flower (of course). I completely understand why your step-daughter would love it. Thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Challenges I wish you lots of luck!!

    Hugs,
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely wonderful Kim. Fabby coloring on the little sweetie and the florals are just gorgeous. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous card Kim. Love the colours you have used. Your colouring is brilliant. Thank you for joining us over at Ladybug Crafts. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x