Sunday 7 July 2013

Lovely Summer Sunshine!

Hello all - hope your weekend is going well? And I hope your weather is glorious like it is here! I know not everyone likes the sunshine but I love waking up to blue skies and sunny mornings (even though my hay fever is wicked at the moment!).  Tilly the Dog and I were out for morning walks early this morning as it gets too warm to take her during the day, so she had a fun time bouncing round the field, meeting some other dogs and splashing about in the beck - and has now collapsed in a furry heap and is snoring!

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, and I'll make a concerted effort to get round to everyone's blogs later today!  It's been a busy weekend as it was my lovely step-daughter Lucy's birthday on Friday and our gorgeous daughter Lauren's birthday yesterday (I can't believe my baby is 20!). But sadly, she's not been too well and we ended up going to the out of hours service yesterday who diagnosed an infection and she's now got antibiotics and painkillers! Poor love! Not really the way you want to spend your birthday is it?  But she seems a bit brighter this morning and has managed some breakfast so, fingers crossed, she'll soon start to feel a lot better!  She'll just have to have a delayed birthday celebration. And it doesn't matter how old they are, they're still your babies really - although I did say that it was something of an irony that we ended up at the local hospital (where they have this clinic) when I'd also been there exactly 20 years ago with a little bundle of gorgeousness!

So I'd like to share the birthday card that I made for our 'Princess' (as my hubby thinks of all his 3 girls!)


I used the delightful Wee Stamps digi 'Amy' and coloured her with copics.  

The backing paper is from MyMindsEye with some kraft card. Then lots of flowers from WOC, a 'Princess' charm from Pretty Little Ribbon Shop and die cut meadow leaf from Poppystamps and a 'precious heart' die cut from Memory Box. The sentiment stamps are from LOTV with gems from stash, and I've used a Tonic border punch. 


And the inside decorated to match of course! 

Slightly stronger and brighter colours than my usual pastels lol! But I hope you like it. And I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend, whatever you have planned. 
Back soon,
Kim  x

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Digi Haven - red, white & blue
QKR Stampede - red, white & blue
Art Impressions - floral frenzy
Inky Impressions - red, white & blue
The Stamping Chef - red, white & blue





25 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning with awesome colouring Kim. Love how you did the sentiment on the tags.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this image Kim, have just coloured this but still to post. Happy Birthday to your daughter. Hope she feels better soon.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card, Kim. Loving the backing paper and the image is such a sweetie.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Kim, inside and out. I hope your baby gets better soon and belated Happy Birthday wishes to her.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Kim. I love the pretty image and gorgeous colours.
    Sorry to hear that your daughter was unwell on her birthday, such a shame. I hope she is feeling better soon
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kim and I hope your Daughter is feeling better now x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is just stunning, such a sweet image and so beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a super card kim beautiful love those colours and lo is fabulous too Love sassy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful card! Fabulous colour combo and gorgeous colouring.

    I hope you daughter soon feels better!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Kim and I hope your daughter is well soon huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Kim. The image looks adorable and I love the pretty papers. I hope your daughter is better soon.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card Kim..love the image and wonderful colouring,gorgeous papers and colours..love the princess charm too..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card Kim, and Happy Birthday to the two girls, and hope Lauren feels better soon! Gorgeous card, love the colours and the way you coloured her hair is amazing! So good!

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that cute image and the papers are gorgeous, fab design too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Kim, both inside and out! Such a cute image and pretty papers.
    Hope your daughter makes a speedy recovery.
    Thanks for sharing her card with us at Divas by Design.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kim this is gorgeous fabulous colouring and beautiful paper, sorry to hear your daughter spent her birthday so poorly but sure is one way to celebrate by going to back to hospital on exact same date! thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card - love the image and how you did the sentiment. Great papers. Hope your daughter feels better soon.

    Kim, how did you make your lovely watermark. Was it easy to do. Mine is so boring, yours looks so elegant:-)

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Kim - stunning colouring and beautiful DP's
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kim I am here with my DT hat on whafor designst a stunning card love the image and the papers you have picked. Thanks for sharing at Divas

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love everything about your card. Love it, love it . Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwww I'm sorry her birthday had a bit of a bad turn in it. Hope she's much better now. The card is really sweet and I'm sure she loved it. Hugs to you Kim and a scratch behind the ears for Tilly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. A super card Kim!! Thanks for joining our Red, White and Blue challenge at Inky Impressions this week

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a lovely card, I'm sure your daughter loved it when she felt better! Hope she's on the med now. Great coloring skills. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Stamping Chef! –Sous Chef Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  24. There's an appreciation button for your blog on the Digi Haven Facebook page for all those who played along with this challenge if you want to go and grab it. xx
    http://www.facebook.com/DigiHavenChallenges

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful card, I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at The Stamping Chef. congrats on your badge! Marji~challenge dt

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x