Sunday 21 July 2013

Need to relax!

Hello all and I hope that your weekend is going well?  A little cloudy here with a slightly fresher breeze - which is very welcome today as it means I can get some things done rather than loafing about like a limp lettuce leaf.  I wasn't very well on Friday with a mega migraine that started in the early hours and lasted most of the day - and yesterday was like the hangover from the migraine!  Wish I didn't get these damned things! But just hoping I've got things out of the way as him indoors, son and I are going away at beginning of the week for a week or so - leaving daughter in charge at home with the furry friends (or should that be fiends!). There will be a few scheduled posts from me during the week - but I apologise in advance for not visiting blogs and seeing all your fab creations and I'll try and catch up with everyone when I'm back at the end of the month!  Just hoping now that I can get jobs done and get bags packed ready to go.  I'm currently trying to make sure everything is washed and ironed for taking and stopping everyone from wearing their stuff!  Getting ready to go away brings out the sergeant major tendencies in me (bit like when Christmas is approaching!) - and I go into major organisation mode with lists of things to take, 'jobs to do', things to remember!  Once I get in the car or on a plane then I relax - but before then I have my head buzzing with so much rubbish about what needs doing!  "Chill Out Kim!"

Anyway, just a quick card to share with you today. I was lucky enough to win a challenge over at My Craft Creations a couple of weeks ago and the prize was a fabulous Hunkydory cardmaking kit.  Now, I don't really do kits - especially as my passion is stamping and colouring - but I have to say I am impressed with the quality of the card, colours and printing and the die cut toppers and decoupage and lovely backing card means quick card making!  So handy when you need to do something at short notice!  So a few of these will be appearing over the next couple of weeks as with being away and school holidays, crafting time gets somewhat reduced!


Now this looks relaxing! Think I might have to do this later today when I've finished faffing about! 


I've simply added some ribbon and clear dewdrops to the toppers and card and - hey presto! - a cute card! So simple! 
Anyway, I hope that your weekend is a relaxing one - and I'll try and get around everyone's blogs before I log off for a few days! 
Back soon,
Kim x 


16 comments:

  1. Lovely card Kim! Hope you have a good time away.
    See you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Kim, there is so much beauty going on here. Adore the beautifully coloured image and the overall bubble effect. I know exactly what you mean with a hangover from a migraine the next day. Often get those. Hope you are feeling a bit better and ready for your little break.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kim, love the layout and the dewdrop bubbles :D I just love bubbles altogether so this is perfect to me :P Hope you're migraine free for a long time this time, they're so debilitating... Have a great break away and RELAX! :D

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Kim, I know what you mean I don't like kits but they are good for the quick card. Congrats on your win and I hope you manage to chill out while you away and enjoy your self.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby card Kim hope your migraines stay away I used to suffer really badly with them so I know what you mean thankfully I haven't had one for years lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim,
    not nice those Migraine headaches. Hubby has them a lot it's food related with him. Skimmed milk powder or whey powder which is in everything these days, that cause his.
    Fabulous card. Lovely design as always.
    You need some of your card.
    have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Kim, I love the images, pretty colours and fabulous sentiments.
    Sorry to hear that you have been suffering with a migraine, I hope you are feeling better now
    Take care
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Kim. Really cute image and love that sentiment. Sorry to read about the migraine, hope it's a long time before you get another.
    Have a great time away
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card Kim, lovely colours and such a pretty design!

    I hope you are felling better now and have a wonderful time away!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous card kim she looks like shes soooooooooooooooo relazed love it one stunner hugs sassyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card - love the papers! Glad your migraine went away! Hope you have a fabulous time away! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes just chill hun, I know what you mean though I am the same, much easier said than done! Hope you have a fabby time and your card is gorgeous as ever, hugs, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kim. Card kits have their place. I use them when I just fancy doing something really quick. A lovely card anyway.
    Best wishes Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card, I'm lovin that image!
    Hope you have a fun time away :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow those papers are great. I love the sparkly silver mixed in. Super cute images. Hope you have a wonderful trip Kim! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card Kim, I love the bubbles,so clever..gorgeous image too..love it.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x