Wednesday 3 July 2013

Ribbons & Lace

Hello all and I hope that your week is going well. Just a quick post from me as I'm heading out shortly for lunch with a friend (yippee!). I've got a sneaking feeling that I could be turning into one of those 'ladies who lunch' as it seems to be happening quite regularly now!  Not that I'm complaining - I'm a firm believer that one of the nicest ways to spend some time is catching up on news with a friend over coffee & cake!

But I wanted to let you know that it's time for a new challenge over at Whimsy Inspirations - and the challenge for this month is a nice, easy one - Ribbons & Lace!  Now I could have done my usual trick and gone for all girly and fluffy with lots of embellishments but I thought I'd try for something a bit more CAS (which is definitely out of my comfort zone!) and use one of the fabulous new digital stamps from Moon Cookie Gallery at Whimsy called Grandma's Garden


And I decided to just stick to two colours too!  I've coloured the image with copics and promarkers


The backing paper is from First Edition and the ribbon and lace are from stash. The metal filigree butterfly is from Wild Orchid. So a very simple one for me - by my standards anyway lol! But hope you like it - and I hope you'll join in with the Whimsy Challenge

Back tomorrow with a wedding card that is definitely NOT clean and simple lol!
Kimx 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
City Crafter Challenge - colour inspiration


32 comments:

  1. This is so lovely Kim, very elegant!..
    Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous creation Kim. Love the colours.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Kim, love the aqua/brown colour combo.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kim, that is just lovely! Hope you enjoy lunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this.. the soft colours are so lush xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, wonderful image and I adore that filigree butterfly!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Kim its so elegant and gorgeous colours you have chosen huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice Kim. Great image and the blue/brown combo is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute image and love the butterfly. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Kim. I love the image and such a beautiful colour scheme.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. JUst GOrgeous! LOve your colours Kim...Such a pretty image too.
    Chrissyxx
    Hope you enjoyed your lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, I love the brown and teal and the butterfly finishes it off perfectly.

    Thank you so much for popping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment.



    Crafty hugs from Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Kim. the flowers look so pretty and I love the colour scheme.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab colour choices Kim. I adore flowers so anything with them on I'm hooked. Look forward to tomorrow's.
    best wishes lea x

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh what gorgeous colours Kim, beautiful make, hugs, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card, the images are beautiful and fresh looking. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful Kim, fab colours and love that butterfly.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That image is beautiful but your coloring is what makes it absolutely gorgeous! Fabulous layout and I LOVE the trims at the bottom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful! Love it. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Tilly, it is so wonderful seeing you at my blog! Your card is very elegant and the image 'makes' the whole card, fabulous coloring! I would like to thank you that you entered my new challenge blog 'C... is for Challenge'. Thank you for your trust and I wish you good luck in the draw!
    Hugs from Poland,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so very pretty ... love those flowers ... Thanks so much for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous Kim, I do love these two colours together. Hope you enjoyed your lunch yesterday.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous Kim. love the flowers and such a gorgeous colour combo too x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sucha a happy card with all those blooms!!! Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the metal butterfly charm, so perfect with the flowers! Thanks for playing along with us over at Try it on Tuesday Show us your Metal challenge, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really REALLY love the colors on this card Kim. The whimsical drawing just makes it a delight to look at. Beautiful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card Kim! The digital stamp and your colouring of it are so gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at City Crafter! Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps: I'm going to have a lunch with a friend today, yippee indeed :)

      Delete
  28. What a lovely card. Love the butterfly.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous. Love the metal butterfly.
    Hugs katie
    CBN DT x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the colours and the butterfly, a beautiful card thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Bloggers Network.

    Kelly
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  31. what a lovely card and the colours and colouring are great. Like the digi stamp too. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge and good luck.x

    Kay
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x