Tuesday 9 July 2013

It's a hard life....

Hello all - and I hope that your week has started well?  And I hope you're enjoying the sunshine - even though I know that it's a bit warm for some!  I love the sun - but I'm not enjoying the hay fever lol! I don't think sneezing, runny eyes and sniffles is my most attractive feature... And it's definitely a bit too hot during the day for Tilly the Dog, who just flops around the house and garden trying to find the coolest spot. However, I will never understand why she then goes and lies in the sun again until she's panting and scorching hot!  Ridiculous hound!  So, it's doggy walks in an evening and then, by the time I've wielded the watering cans round the garden and greenhouse, I'm ready for bed!

But I have a list of DT work to get done - not to mention a few family birthday cards - so as I'm not at work tomorrow I'll have to get started at the craft table!

But just wanted to share another of the new releases from Whimsy Digital with you - and this cute character is from Crissys Digis called 'You float my boat'


I've coloured the image with copics and promarkers, with some added pencil


The brown backing paper is from K&Co and the blue papers are from LOTV.  I've added twine and buttons from stash and printed a sentiment on the computer.  
I think on a hot summer's day this is what we should be doing! 
And thank you for all your good wishes about my daughter - and thankfully, she is feeling much better now (thank goodness for antibiotics!). 
Back soon,
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Creative Card Crew - great outdoors
PapertakeWeekly - old, new, borrowed, blue (new digi, blue papers, old buttons)
Eureka Stamps - beach
Get Inky - summer sun fun





23 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Kim. I love this image and how you have coloured it. Stunning card design. A real delight.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kim. The image is so sweet and soooo chilled out! Fab layout too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Kim, one of those that is just so perfect!! hugs, Kaernxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kim. I love the cute image and fabulous colouring.
    I'm pleased that your daughter is starting to feel better now
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Kim, so pleased your daughter is feeling much better huggles hun Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha, well isn't this such a fun card, love it. Glad your daughter is feeling better and I love the card you made for her. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha what a cute comical image...love it. A fabulous card Kim.
    Best wishes Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Love your card - what a cute image! Great papers and colours. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card Kim,I could just do with a little toe dipping now!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Kim.

    Totally love that image.

    Traceyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute image Kim. Great colouring. Glad your daughter is feeling better.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this super-cute card Kim.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful card! Love your colouring!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute image and fab colouring, love the papers too! Lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Know wonder this little critter looks happy lol... Messing about on the river in this waaaaarm weather...FABulous colours..LOve it.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. It does look relaxing but I'd probably be scorched like Tilly in no time. LOL Wonderful image Kim and I really like your twine and button treatment. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an adorable card.

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card. Beautifull colouring.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap
    DT Call at Creative Fingers

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute card, LOVE your image and beautifully coloured too.
    Tilly sounds as daft as my Ruby ... she scorches in the sun for ages and then flops into the shade exhausted. Daft dog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card, the sentiment is fab!

    Thank you for joining the challenge with the Creative Card Crew!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a sweet image and card! Thanks for playing along with Creative Card Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is an absolutely darling card!! sO sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x