Sunday 14 July 2013

Time to get the citrus shades out!

Good morning all and I hope that your weekend is going well?  Another beautiful morning here, although I feel I ought to get what jobs I need to do out of the way early because by midday it's just too warm to be doing things, so Tilly the Dog and I have been out on the field early and I've had a quick tidy up before the rest of the house emerges from bedrooms!  My son had one of his friends stopping last night (again! - we seem to be a general lodgings for offspring's friends at weekends) but I doubt they'll surface till nearer lunch time!

But today is an exciting one for me as it's my first post as part of the Joanna Sheen DT!  I was asked to join the DT a few weeks ago - and was thrilled to accept.  So the new challenge starting today is 'Citrus Colours'.  I was sent some decoupage to work with which is definitely out of my comfort zone - so that was my part of the challenge! I always feel I'm a bit rubbish at cutting out!  But the House Mouse image was just so cute



I've added an embossed panel (using Cuttlebug 'swiss dots'), the LaLaLand banner die cut and Marianne ivy leaf die, together with some roses from WOC. The sheer ribbons in lemon and lime are from Joanna Sheen, as are the Queen &Co candy stripers. 
I hope you like it (even my dodgy cutting out attempts with the decoupage!) - and that you will pop over to the Joanna Sheen Challenge blog and have a look at the fantastic inspiration from the DT and then join us with your citrus coloured creations! 
Back soon,
Kim x 


18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kim, it's so cute....Welcome to the team.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kim. Absolutely love that image...Monica is my son's favourite HM as she's so teeny and cute.

    Welcome to the team...looking forward to seeing all your future projects and getting to know you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lazy day is in order for everyone in this heat!!
    Lovely card. Green is always so fresh. Good job cutting out too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Kim. I love that cute image and fabulous layout.
    So pleased that you have joined the JS team.
    Enjoy the rest of the day
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh Kim this is fabulous...i love it, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable Kim. Great first card for your new DT position.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card - love love the image and decoupage! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Kim!!! well done you its so cute LOL huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card Kim. Although I do think the sentiment should have been Hap-pea birthday..... sorry *runs*

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh Kim, I love this card and everything about it! The green is so pretty, the image makes me smile and I also like those flags and ribbon. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim,
    a fabulous creation. I love this image, and you have done a mighty fine job with the decoupage.
    Congratulations on your new DT post.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous card Kim. I love house mouse images so anything with HM on I love. A great start to beings on the DT of Joanna sheen. Well done you.
    Very best wishes Leax

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh lovely fresh and zingy!! Fantastic card Kim and fab image too, hugs, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really nailed this challenge Kim. Love the mousie and the wonderful die cuts you've used, especially the banner. Think I'm all caught up now. So sorry I was so behind. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just love this House Mouse image! I'm all for under-stated citrus!!!!! Beautiful and I love the pretty die accents - gorgeous. Hugs, Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have done a fabulous job Kim! Such an adorable image and gorgeous banner!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Uber cute card Kim - fabulous image and I love the cute wee flowers.
    Hope you had a lovely weekend.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kim, this is sooo cute, love these little mice and super details.
    Hope you're enjoying some sunshine.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x