Saturday 13 July 2013

Is it hot enough for you....?

Hello all!  Is it hot enough for you? Because it's pretty warm here lol! But I'm not complaining because we didn't seem to have any summer last year. Tilly the Dog is flopped semi-conscious for most of the day and the cat sprawls out in the garden under the nearest shade!  But it's lovely to get up in the morning and sit outside with my morning cup of tea - much nicer than rain (I don't sit outside in that!).  We've got our usual comings and goings all weekend, teenagers doing the hokey cokey (in, out, in, then out again...!).

And so what have I got to share with you on one of the warmest days of the year?  Yes, you've guessed it - a Christmas card lol! The crafting world is something of a strange one with it's calendar, as I've realised that companies start releasing their Christmas collections and inspirations during the summer - and Nikky Hall at Polkadoodles is releasing a fabulous mini-cd for Christmas called Angelberry Christmas

**** Angelberry Christmas

and it's full of fabulous angels (coloured and b&w digis), papers, embellishments, etc. So do pop over to the Polkadoodles website and have a look. 

I've made a card using one of the digis


I've coloured her with copics and added lots of glamour dust to her wings! 

I added some pearls to her headdress. I've added some faux stitching to the papers and distressed the edges, some ribbon and a snowflake charm from stash. The die cut is using the Elyse Tree from Memory Box and I've added some clear dew drops. 
Hope the cool colours have cooled you down lol! 
I'll be back tomorrow - it'll be time for a new challenge over at Joanna Sheen and my first DT card (yippee!)
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
CraftyCalendar - colour inspiration
BrownSugar - shades of blue
Cut it up challenge - Christmas in July
PaperCraftingJourney - Christmas in July




21 comments:

  1. Hi Kim
    A fab Christmas card although as you say it's a bit of a shock in the middle of July! But I must hold my hands up and say I am about to start my Christmas cards too. Last year it took me till the end to get them all done so it has to be now. I love the snowflake charm on your card.
    All best wishes
    Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww what a sweet angel, and I LOVE your Christmas tree die too!
    Cooler with us today than yesterday, Ruby was definitely much happier than in the baking sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Christmas tree die Kim another on the wish list I think..(it's getting longer!)love the image and colours you've used and I can't wait to see your card on Joanna's site!!! huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Kim. I love the image, beautiful colouring and the MB tree die looks fabulous.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous image, and you really did it justice with that charm and die. I love the pearls you added!
    thank you for joining us at Cut it Up Challenges!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Kim, love the glitter and the pearls! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty with all the glitter and I really like how you've used the silver for the die cut - that's very striking and classy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and perfect for the shades of blue challenge, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely christmas card, thanks for sharing it with us in the brown sugar challenge, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Kim. Perfect to cool you down on such a hot day.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely Kim, I made a Christmas card yesterday for one of my DT's but I didn't feel any cooler though. Lol!!!

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. But I think she might be a tad too warm with all those clothes on!

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Kim, love the image, gorgeous colouring and love the sparkle on her wings.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card Kim!! hugs, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that shiny die cut. She's lovely Kim. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a wonderful Christmas cards Kim, Love the colours, but I'm sorry to say it hasn't cooled me down! I have just started making a few Christmas cards lol!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous christmas card. The colours are super and the die-cut tree is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 133 - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 133 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! Yes it's hot here too and the humidity unbearable. Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Shades of Blue Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. so cute... love the charm! thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge - hope to see you back again in August. the challenge started today - its an easy one... ATG!!
    Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x