Thursday 18 June 2020

Busy sewing - let's make pretty face masks!

The sewing machine has been out today, and some of my stash of fabric. I've got a couple of appointments coming up very shortly where I'm required to wear a face mask, so I thought that if I've got to wear one, it might as well be made of pretty fabric! I suspect that face masks will be compulsory in many situations for a while to come, so it was about time I started sewing.




 I'm quite pleased with my design! Fine cotton, fully lined with a thin coated "wire" stitched into the top seam so that it can be shaped around the bridge of the nose. I'm now making a couple for family - but need to wait for delivery of more elastic!
If you'd like one making, just let me know - donations to our local animal & wildlife rescue!


Back soon,
Kim x

1 comment:

  1. Your masks look fantastic!! I got my machine out to make some the other day but still haven't got round to it yet! Oops!! Have a lovely weekend, Hazelx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x