Friday 12 June 2020

Keep learning and trying...meet Rupert!

I can't believe it's Friday again. This strange sort of suspended animation that we seem to be in, alongside working from home, means that the days often seem to blur a bit! I'm not sure when I'll be back fully working in school - and I'm hugely grateful for the fact that I've got lots of hobbies and a garden. I can't say that I've ever felt bored or at a loss for what to do during the lockdown and with extra time at home - thank goodness.  It's more a case of deciding what to do next. 

I'm still on the quest of 'teach yourself needle felting' and decided to have a go at making another little 3D animal - and I'm hoping that you can identify what it is haha! 

Rupert the Rabbit has been made with brown Shetland wool, with some cream Merino and a tiny bit of black Corriedale for the face details



I made up my own 'pattern' shapes, just playing and learning really. As I said, if I can make them recognisable, then I'm not doing too badly!

He's quite cute really - although I think he actually looks better in real life than on the pics! 

I'm not sure what's next on the list of animals to try and make, but I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for looking,
back soon,
Kim 




2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable Kim. He looks amazing - well done you. I have been going into school one day per week, but will be in for two as of next week. I will be in full PPE when we greet the returning Yr10s next week, let's hope it isn't too hot.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Gina! I can do most of my job from home, but it seems strange not seeing all our students! X

      Delete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x