Saturday 6 June 2020

Meet Hetty the Herdwick!

Well, as promised, a post with pics of my finished 1st attempt at a 3D felted animal! Please meet Hetty the Herdwick Sheep!


It's been a very enjoyable learning curve, making a needle-felted animal, and I must admit that I'm quite smitten with her. I know her face isn't perfect (don't examine it too closely!), and that she is in need of a short back and sides haircut (a sheep version of lockdown hair?), but she is very cute! I got a bit carried away adding the curly locks (so she looks a bit chunky), and she stands about 7 or 8cm tall. 


The felting wool and pattern were from Lincolnshire Fenn Crafts and were lovely to work with - and there are also some great instructional videos on YouTube.  Although obviously (like all crafts), it's something that requires practice, it definitely got a bit easier and made more sense as I went along, getting a feel for the wool, how to use the needle, etc. It's been really nice to try a new crafty hobby (not that I really need any more crafting hobbies!), and I'm just debating what felted animal to try next.


Hope you quite like Hetty too! 

Thanks for looking,
Back soon,
Kim x 




3 comments:

  1. Oh wow she is cute and her face looks perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh what a cutie, Shes adorable. I did a bit of felting at Christmas time. I made a penguin and his wee family. I then got a new kitty in March and he loved my penguin so much that hes been pulled apart!! Oops!! Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing Kim, I love it! I am in awe of anyone who can sew, felt, crochet or knit (not within my talents!)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x