Friday 5 June 2020

Learning something new!

Despite all my good intentions at the start of the lockdown to spend my spare time productively (when I'm not working at home!), I must admit that I don't seem to have progressed much! I'm not sure about everyone else, but my concentration level for crafting isn't as good as it usually is, and the mojo is definitely a bit hit and miss! My go-to activities are card-making, crocheting and baking - but due to lockdown restrictions (and only husband and I at home - no offspring or visitors), I've tried to limit the baking otherwise we'll be like barrels!

However, one thing I have started to teach myself is felting.  I bought a little kit (quite a long time ago - embarrassingly) and it's been sat waiting for me to (a) have time to do it, and (b) be brave enough to make a start and learn something new!  So, I decided to be brave and have a go - and, do you know what, I've really enjoyed it! The kit was for a felt picture (to be made into an ipad case if wanted), so I made a start.  It's all very much a learning curve at the  moment - but like all good crafts, we should keep learning and practising!





These were the first few attempts! I've got to admit that it's very therapeutic stabbing something with a very sharp needle haha!  Anyway, I think I've now found yet another craft that I'm really enjoying doing. So I treated myself to a little kit from the lovely Lincolnshire Fenn Crafts, to make a 3D figure of a sheep. It's been a challenge to learn to felt 3D shapes - to get both the right shape and firmness - but it's great to do. This is the progress bits so far - a body, head and legs


I'm not sure what the finished sheep will look like - if it's vaguely recognisable, I'll share pics on here!

But it's been good to branch out and try something different - although I'm not quite sure where I'm going to store all the new stash....

Thanks for looking,
Back soon,
Kim 

1 comment:

  1. You've done a wonderful job Kim, they look fabulous! My mojo has also been a bit hit and miss, but I've started making some Christmas cards in the hope that there isn't the normal panic later on in the year:)
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x